Napoleon's Words of Wisdom
- Even when I am gone, I shall remain in people's minds the star of their
nights, my name will be the war cry of their efforts, the motto of their
- Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.
- In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
- A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree
- A society without religion is like a vessel without compass.
- Men of genius are meteors intended to burn to light their century.
- Know how to listen and be sure that silence often produces the same
effects as science.
- God! How men of letters are stupid.
- We are born, we live, we die amongst the supernatural.
- Time is the great art of man.
- It is success which makes great men.
- The heart of a statesman must be in his head.
- From sublime to ridiculousness there is only one step.
- Lack is more in means than in principles.
- High politic is only common sense applied to great things.
- Imagination governs the world.
- Public morals are natural complement of all laws : they are by
themselves an entire code.
- I know when it is necessary, how to leave the skin of a lion to take one
of a fox.